These are not beautiful polished marbles. Seriously! They are cakes. They are so beautiful. Eating them would be a crime. These are so perfect that even a sweetest tooth person would hesitate taking a slice out of them.
These mirror glazed marble-like cakes are works from Russian confectioner Olga. Here is a recipe to make such mirror glaze cakes.
- 20 g Gelatin Powder
- 120 g Water
- 300 g Glucose
- 300 g Sugar
- 150 g Water
- 200 g Sweetened Cond Milk
- 300 g Chocolate (White, Milk, Dark or a combination)
- Food Coloring
How To Make A Mirror Glazed Cake
- Bloom the gelatin in the water.
- Boil the glucose, sugar & water.
- Remove from heat and add the gelatin.
- Add the cond milk.
- Pour over chocolate and buerre mix to remove air bubbles.
- Use at 35C/95F
- The marbling effect is created with different color glazes poured together over the cake.